How to write to a Azure Blob Service from Dataiku API endpoint code

Solved!
ssuhas76
Level 3
How to write to a Azure Blob Service from Dataiku API endpoint code

Hello there,

I am trying to save contents of a json object from the API endpoint code. Currently my code looks like this.

The code is written in a python function as part of a API endpoint which receives data in form of a json object. 

client = dataikuapi.DSSClient(host, apiKey)
client._session.verify = False
project = client.get_project("XXXXXXXX")

managedfolder = project.get_managed_folder("XXXXXXXXX")

jsonData = data.to_json()
managedfolder.put_file('data1.json',jsonData)

When I run the above code, i get the below error while executing via Testing Queries

Failed: Failed to run function : class 'dataikuapi.utils.DataikuException': com.dataiku.dip.exceptions.UnauthorizedException: Action forbidden

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi @ssuhas76 ,

Action forbidden usually indicates the API key you are using doesn't have permission to write to this managed folder. 

You should be able to replicate this in a notebook as well when setting a remote client. 

What type of API key are you using? Personal/Project?
You can use a project API key but need to provide access to read/write from the project permissions + for the respective managed folder.

THanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi @ssuhas76 ,

Action forbidden usually indicates the API key you are using doesn't have permission to write to this managed folder. 

You should be able to replicate this in a notebook as well when setting a remote client. 

What type of API key are you using? Personal/Project?
You can use a project API key but need to provide access to read/write from the project permissions + for the respective managed folder.

THanks

0 Kudos
ssuhas76
Level 3
Author

Thanks it solved for me. I am using a project level API key. I turned on the writeprojectcontent permission to true. It is working now. 

0 Kudos