How to save more than 1 dataset to OneDrive?

FarSideFeb
Level 3
How to save more than 1 dataset to OneDrive?

How do we save more than one dataset to an existing OneDrive folder? I was able to save one Dataiku created dataset to that folder with no issues. In the same workflow, I am now attempting to save a second Dataiku created dataset into that same folder. However, when I try to chose "use existing" as an output option, that folder does not show up. I am using the "export to folder" recipe.

Operating system used: Windows

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlexB
Dataiker

Hi !

You will have to create a new folder on your flow, using the OneDrive online plugin for storage. However, this new "flow folder" can point to the same directory on OneDrive (using the same path in the folder's Settings > Storage > Path). This way, your two files can be saved into the same OneDrive location.

Hope this helps,

Alex

0 Kudos
FarSideFeb
Level 3
Author

Hey Alex, 
Thank you so much for the information above. When I go to create a new OneDrive dataset, I copy/paste the "path" info from my first dataset to this one, but regardless of if I copy/paste this info, or I manually click to find the OneDrive folder that I want this dataset to go into, Dataiku states:

"Used OrderData.xlsx to parse Data" (this is 1st dataset in my workflow)
"Used format excel and found 32 columns" (this is 1st dataset column count)

Dataiku is somehow incorporating the first Excel file/dataset that I saved to this OneDrive folder. Is this normal, or is this going to cause issues with my first/second datasets?

EDIT: I just tried to create a new OneDrive dataset, using the method above (regardless of if my concerns above would cause issues or not), and when I try to export my 2nd dataset to OneDrive, on the "Output" section the new dataset I created says it does not accept datasets.

0 Kudos
AlexB
Dataiker

I am not sure I fully understand your setting. Could you provide us with a screenshot of your flow ?

There are two way to build the dataset from OneDrive into DSS:

- directly creating a OneDrive dataset which points to the OneDrive directory,

- or first creating a folder pointing to the OneDrive directory, then use the "create dataset" option on that folder.

In both cases, if the OneDrive directory contains several files, DSS will use one file for testing the file format and schema, and will create a dataset by merging the rows of all the files.

The second option though (folder then create dataset) gives you the option to pick which file to use for test & preview, and which files to use to build the dataset. To do that, use the Settings > Files > Show Advance options once "create dataset" has been pressed.

0 Kudos

Labels

?
Labels (1)
A banner prompting to get Dataiku