How to launch a Python notebook from the code library in a project?

info-rchitect
Level 6
How to launch a Python notebook from the code library in a project?

Hi,

I see I can import a Jupyter notebook from git but is it possible to import the same notebook from the library I already imported from Git?  Seems like having to import twice is unnecessary.

thx

Operating system used: Windows 10

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi @info-rchitect ,

You typically import notebooks from external git, there is no option to import a notebook from project libraries.

You can export your notebook back to external git. 

Adding notebooks to project libraries is not typical. 

You can still leverage project libraries within your notebook by importing those libraries. 

If I understand correctly, you would be looking for a feature to import notebooks from the project library directly? 

0 Kudos
info-rchitect
Level 6
Author

@AlexT wrote:

Hi @info-rchitect ,

You typically import notebooks from external git, there is no option to import a notebook from project libraries.

You can export your notebook back to external git. 

Adding notebooks to project libraries is not typical. 

You can still leverage project libraries within your notebook by importing those libraries. 

If I understand correctly, you would be looking for a feature to import notebooks from the project library directly? 

@AlexT 

To your last question yes.  My Python library dynamically creates domain specific SQL for Snowflake and I have a jupyter notebook with examples of the API calls in the library.

0 Kudos