How to clear remote dss with Python API?

Options
yashpuranik
yashpuranik Partner, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2022, Neuron 2023 Posts: 69 Neuron

The link https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/python-api/outside-usage.html suggests that we can use

dataiku.clear_remote_dss() to clear remote configuration.

picture1.png

However, I see the following error. What is the correct approach here?

picture2.png

The use case I am working on is creating a dataset with the list of users on a different DSS instance for user management purposes. The python recipe is running into issues:

import dataiku

# Authenticate with other node

dataiku.set_remote_dss("OTHER_NODE", "KEY")
client = dataiku.api_client()

# Get list of users on the other node
users = client.list_users()
users = [(user["displayName"], user["login"], user["email"], user["enabled"]) for user in users]
users_df = pd.DataFrame(users, columns=["Display Name", "username", "email", "is_active"])

# Write list of users on other node in a dataset on current node

dataiku.clear_remote_dss()
users_dataset = dataiku.Dataset("users")
users_dataset.write_with_schema(users_df)

Tagged:

Best Answer

• shashank
    shashank Dataiker, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 27 Dataiker
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You don’t have to (and should not) do a set_remote_dss just in order to do a dataiku.api_client(). You should rather instantiate a client for your remote DSS this way:
    import dataikuimport dataikuapihost = "OTHER_NODE"apiKey = "KEY"client = dataikuapi.DSSClient(host, apiKey)# And then the code does not need to change at all:# Get list of users on the other nodeusers = client.list_users()users = [(user["displayName"], user["login"], user["email"], user["enabled"]) for user in users]users_df = pd.DataFrame(users, columns=["Display Name", "username", "email", "is_active"])# Write list of users on other node in a dataset on current nodeusers_dataset = dataiku.Dataset("users")users_dataset.write_with_schema(users_df)
    Much easier, simple to read, and no worries about versions

Answers

• shashank
    shashank Dataiker, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 27 Dataiker
    Options

Try this: dataiku.clear_remote_dss_config()

This function is renamed in v11 as "dataiku.clear_remote_dss", since you're using v10 the above statement should work.

• yashpuranik
    yashpuranik Partner, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2022, Neuron 2023 Posts: 69 Neuron
    Options

Thank you, I can confirm this works!

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…