How to block dataiku dataset from formatting date values?

Solved!
mi6crazyheart
Level 2
How to block dataiku dataset from formatting date values?

I've some date values which get automatically format when I pass that through dataiku dataset. I don't want to format those dates. I just want them in the same format in which they are before formatting.

Before formatting

before-format.png

After formatting

after-format.png

Operating system used: windows

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi,

Is this an SQL dataset?

DSS would typically change the format automatically unless you parse the data in the prepare recipe.

https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/preparation/dates.html

If you want to keep the original format simply change the type to "string" in your dataset schema instead of date type and DSS will keep it as a string or remove the Read SQL "date" as DSS option in the input dataset settings.

Screenshot 2022-05-20 at 13.13.34.png

If you want to convert it from the parsed format back to MM/dd/yyyy you can do so with prepare processor( Format date with custom format) and se the type to string. 

Screenshot 2022-05-20 at 13.16.30.png

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi,

Is this an SQL dataset?

DSS would typically change the format automatically unless you parse the data in the prepare recipe.

https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/preparation/dates.html

If you want to keep the original format simply change the type to "string" in your dataset schema instead of date type and DSS will keep it as a string or remove the Read SQL "date" as DSS option in the input dataset settings.

Screenshot 2022-05-20 at 13.13.34.png

If you want to convert it from the parsed format back to MM/dd/yyyy you can do so with prepare processor( Format date with custom format) and se the type to string. 

Screenshot 2022-05-20 at 13.16.30.png

Hope that helps!

mi6crazyheart
Level 2
Author

Hi AlexT,  Thanks for your reply. I've fixed this by mentioning the datatype of dataframe's columns names. 

Ex: bucketOutput_df = bucketOutput_df.astype({"bucketStatusDate": str, "bucketSpudDate": str})

By the way, I was reading the data from an EXCEL sheet.

I was reading from an EXCEL sheet & trying to put that to Dataiku dataset. 

0 Kudos