How to align Text to right

rbonazzoBfw
Level 1
How to align Text to right

Hi all,

If I convert numbers into Italian format the data with the , decimal are displayed as strings and misaligned. How can I align the resulting strings right.
Thanks for your help

Operating system used: macOs

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ZachM
Dataiker

Hi @rbonazzoBfw,

I tried importing your spreadsheet into DSS, and it seems to render correctly for me. This is what it looks like:

image.png

In the initial dataset, you can see that the storage type is "string" and the meaning is "Decimal". If I process the data using a Prepare recipe (no steps are needed), the storage type is automatically converted to "double" as expected:

image.png

Could you please provide additional information about the issue that you're experiencing?

1. How are you converting the numbers to Italian format?
  2. Can you please provide a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks,

Zach

0 Kudos
rbonazzoBfw
Level 1
Author

Hi @ZachM 

thanks for your answer, I use the receipe action to change the format to Italian and then the result is as attached.

It's a snapshot 

Thanks

Rinaldo 

0 Kudos
ZachM
Dataiker

Hi @rbonazzoBfw,

If I'm understanding correctly, the numbers render correctly like shown in my screenshots when you first upload them, but the format breaks after you convert them to Italian format?

Could you please provide more information about how exactly you're converting the numbers? For example, if you're using a Prepare recipe, could you please post a screenshot that shows the step that converts the numbers and also shows your column headers?

Thanks,

Zach

0 Kudos