Geo files schema not loading fully Version 11.4.3

Solved!
OlgaTs
Level 1
Geo files schema not loading fully Version 11.4.3

Recently moved to Version 11.4.3

Noticed that all geospatial files are only loading the THE_GEOM and SHP_SRS columns. Other metadata included in the shapefile is no longer loading in the schema or showing up. 

No changes to the shapefiles. The only change in the Dataiku version.

Any ideas on how to fix it? All joins stopped working after moving to this version

0 Kudos
1 Solution
OlgaTs
Level 1
Author

The resolution to this issue has been found elsewhere. 

As can be seen in my screenshots, the shapefile contents are saved as

.DBF

.PRJ

.SHX

.shp

Other than the .shp file all other file names are capitalized. Based on testing, in the new version Dataiku only recognized lower case extension name. So, .dbf works; .DBF doesn't work. This is an obvious bug in version 11. Previously, Dataiku didn't fail to read metadata attributes from files saved in upper case.

Columnar attributes for each shape are provided in the .DBF file and these are absolutely necessary when working with the spatial data.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SarinaS
Dataiker

Hi @OlgaTs,

Would you mind providing a screenshot of your Format/Preview tab of the dataset? 

And if it's possible, would you be able to provide a sample of the data for us to test with?

Thank you!
Sarina

0 Kudos
OlgaTs
Level 1
Author

The resolution to this issue has been found elsewhere. 

As can be seen in my screenshots, the shapefile contents are saved as

.DBF

.PRJ

.SHX

.shp

Other than the .shp file all other file names are capitalized. Based on testing, in the new version Dataiku only recognized lower case extension name. So, .dbf works; .DBF doesn't work. This is an obvious bug in version 11. Previously, Dataiku didn't fail to read metadata attributes from files saved in upper case.

Columnar attributes for each shape are provided in the .DBF file and these are absolutely necessary when working with the spatial data.

0 Kudos
SarinaS
Dataiker

Hi @OlgaTs,

Indeed you are correct that the filename must not be capitalized, I'm glad you got it working!

Thank you,
Sarina 

0 Kudos