Flow Check consistency issue, most objects unchecked

rpopan
Level 1
Flow Check consistency issue, most objects unchecked

Hi,

I am doing the Flow Views & Actions course and I am having issues with performing the Consistency checks (Flow Actions). The problem is that most objects in the flow are left UNCHECKED . And even if I perform actions that should throw an error when running the consistency checks (such as removing columns essential for downstream computations), no errors are registered by the checks.

Do you have any idea why this is happening?

Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ZachM
Dataiker

Hi @rpopan ,

I was able to reproduce this issue on my end. It looks like it occurs when using Download recipes with Folder datasets (e.g. the income_per_tract_usa dataset in your flow). DSS doesn't check the consistency of any object where the upstream inputs are only Folder datasets.

It looks like you're using the wrong tutorial project for the Flow Actions hands-on. The flow should look like this:

image.png

You can import the project by going to +NEW PROJECT > DSS Tutorials > Advanced Designer > Flow Views & Actions (Tutorial). You can also download it from here.

It also looks like you're missing the Census USA plugin. Please make sure the plugin is installed before you import the project, otherwise some objects will be missing from the flow.

Thanks,

Zach