Finding where a field is used

Mrcello89
Level 2
Finding where a field is used

Hi, 

Do you know wheter is possible to find where a column's table is used inside a project?

My colleagues and I work on large datasets together and I was wondering if it is possible to quickly find the receipe where a certain filed is used. This would be very useful in reviewing a project some time after its delivery.

Thank you all for any kind feedback.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi @Mrcello89,
Using the global search in DSS should help with this : https://knowledge.dataiku.com/latest/getting-started/dataiku-ui/concept-global-search.html
You can search for a specific field name and should be able to find which datasets/projects are potentially using this. 
In this example I am looking for "board_id" and I can narrow down which DSS recipes are using this field.

Screen Shot 2023-04-10 at 10.32.24 AM.png

0 Kudos
Mrcello89
Level 2
Author

Hi,

@AlexT thank you for the suggestion, it's a very good starting point....Do you know if there is also a way to filter only the cases where a filed is 'actually' used?

In fact, using global search I find out also the receipes the filed appears in some way (example selected columns in joins) and it makes the list of appearances very very long.

Regards,

Marcello

0 Kudos