Fail to remove folder because folder does not exists (anymore)

Solved!
MRvLuijpen
Fail to remove folder because folder does not exists (anymore)

Hello Community, 

I have the following problem: We have created inside a project some managed folders. These folder got removed (perhaps from outside DSS). Now we can not remove the folders from within our project.

If we try to open of delete them, the error message shows: "NOT FOUND: Managed folder does not exists" or "WARNINGS WERE ENCOUNTERED, Unexpected error: Failed to delete item: managed folder does not exists".

However, we can also not remove them from the project.

How can we solve this problem?

Thanx in advance.

Marc Robert

0 Kudos
1 Solution
fchataigner2
Dataiker

Hi,

DSS should be re-creating the folder underneath if you upload some file in it (if the action is still possible), or if you change the folder's base path in its settings. The lack of underlying folder should not prevent the object from being deleted, especially if you uncheck "drop data".

What kind of connection is used to store the folder's data? Filesystem?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
fchataigner2
Dataiker

Hi,

DSS should be re-creating the folder underneath if you upload some file in it (if the action is still possible), or if you change the folder's base path in its settings. The lack of underlying folder should not prevent the object from being deleted, especially if you uncheck "drop data".

What kind of connection is used to store the folder's data? Filesystem?

0 Kudos
MRvLuijpen
Author

Hi @fchataigner2 .

I have been able to delete the data sets now. Thanks.

What I did to solve it, was to create a new folder, to which I could connect the existing data sets. Once they where connected, I was able to delete the data set (and finally the folder).

I tried to reproduce the problem, by first creating the folder, generate the data set from the folder and then tried to delete the original folder, but that would automatically also remove the data sets.

Thx again.

Marc Robert