Extract ID out of a column

Solved!
Sitraka_Forler
Level 1
Extract ID out of a column

Helloโ€ƒ,

I'm trying to extract the numbers  after the / (but it's not always the first / ) and it's not the end of the url...

In exemple i only want the Bold numberโ€ƒ/33988-329055

Capture dโ€™รฉcran 2022-06-16 114034.png

I though an extract would work but it doesn't... Could anyone knows why ? 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jurre
Level 5

Hi @Sitraka_Forler ,

Although you mention that the number of interest is not at the end of the URl the slice of data shown hints otherwise.. if that is case then a "split column" processor, split on the "/" and truncate to the last column would leave you with that number. here is some reference to that.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Jurre
Level 5

Hi @Sitraka_Forler ,

Although you mention that the number of interest is not at the end of the URl the slice of data shown hints otherwise.. if that is case then a "split column" processor, split on the "/" and truncate to the last column would leave you with that number. here is some reference to that.

Hope this helps!

Sitraka_Forler
Level 1
Author

Haha i tried before and it wasn't great but then i realised thanks to you that i could use extra steps and "voilร " 

Thank you very much for your help! In the end it worked ^^

0 Kudos
Jurre
Level 5

Great!   Taking a small detour or introducing helpersteps can definitely help although it might feel inefficient at first . Good thing is that we have a lot of options to choose from (or write our own! ๐Ÿ™‚

cheers!

0 Kudos