Exporting documentation to wiki for Confluence

igfdm
Level 1
Exporting documentation to wiki for Confluence

Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to programmatically fill the Wiki of a project. For example, I'd like to create an article that contains the Data Catalogue and another that contains the Flow documentation. Both should be updated every week through a scenario.

I know there is a native data catalogue and an export available for the Flow documentation, the reason I want them in the wiki is so that I can export it to Confluence.

There are no integrations in the wiki to fetch this information, so I was thinking to use the Wiki API and the project API to build this myself.

Does anybody have any experiences with a similar approach? Or any recommendations for a better approach?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
igfdm
Level 1
Author

Thanks for the tip, it's a good feature but unfortunately can't be called from a python script.

Another way would be to manually run this, but since it can't process a project if it has flow zones, I'd have to go over each zone and create the description, then pull the metadata of the zones into the script.

Doing this once would be okay, but I'd like to have the whole process run automatically every day or so.

0 Kudos

Labels

?
Labels (2)
A banner prompting to get Dataiku