Execute SQL recipe from code stored on Git?

Solved!
info-rchitect
Level 6
Execute SQL recipe from code stored on Git?

Hi,

Is it possible to run a SQL recipe using code stored on Git?  The advantage is here is a single source of truth vs relying on dataiku revision control.  The reason this is advantageous is we want to be able to run the exact same code outside of dataiku.

thx

Operating system used: Windows 10

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CatalinaS
Dataiker
It is not possible to load the code of a SQL recipe from a Git repository.

You could use a Python recipe to execute SQL code in a Python recipe that will execute exactly like a SQL recipe. The Python code can load a project library loaded from Git.

More details about ability to run SQL recipes from Python recipes are here: 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
CatalinaS
Dataiker
It is not possible to load the code of a SQL recipe from a Git repository.

You could use a Python recipe to execute SQL code in a Python recipe that will execute exactly like a SQL recipe. The Python code can load a project library loaded from Git.

More details about ability to run SQL recipes from Python recipes are here: 

info-rchitect
Level 6
Author

@CatalinaS 

Yeah I figured as much and I am familiar with using Python to execute SQL.  Just think the ability to directly load and execute SQL from Git is a valuable feature.  While I am happy that dataiku uses Git under-the-hood, I don't want multiple sources of truth.  Being able to retrieve a Git tag and know the SQL being executed is not altered in any way is crucial.  If I use a Python recipe I have to do the following:

1. Import the library into my project, exposing it to possible edits

2. Create an extra Python recipe and execute the SQL

regards

0 Kudos