Announcing the winners & finalists of the Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021! Read their inspiring stories

Dataset in Email Body

Solved!
sj0071992
Level 2
Level 2
Dataset in Email Body

Hi Team,

Can we use Data of any DSS table while creating Email body? Actually I want data(prepared in my DSS workflow) to be displayed in Tabular form in Email Body. 

I am fine if i need to write any custom Python Code for it.

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlexT
Dataiker
Dataiker

Hi,

If I understand correctly you could use a Send Message scenario step and define the dataset to be added in the body of the email. PLease see the screenshot below:

Screenshot 2021-10-14 at 10.15.44.png

Let us know if this works for you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sj0071992
Level 2
Level 2
Author

Hi Team,

Could you please help here

0 Kudos
AlexT
Dataiker
Dataiker

Hi,

If I understand correctly you could use a Send Message scenario step and define the dataset to be added in the body of the email. PLease see the screenshot below:

Screenshot 2021-10-14 at 10.15.44.png

Let us know if this works for you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
sj0071992
Level 2
Level 2
Author

Thanks Alex, this solves my problem but can we get more structure to the output? As i can see there is no border and alignment is also not proper.  How can we make it more readable?

0 Kudos
AlexT
Dataiker
Dataiker

You should be able to use Freemaker to format you dataset  https://freemarker.apache.org/docs/dgui_quickstart_template.html 

You can try something like this :

<table border=1>
${variable_name}
</table>

In most cases sending it as an attachment directly may be more suitable instead of including this in the body of the email. 

0 Kudos
A banner prompting to get Dataiku DSS