Dashboard of Empty Rows for a specific column

Solved!
KevinHart
Level 2
Dashboard of Empty Rows for a specific column

Hi All,

New user of DataIKU, so perhaps a very easy question ๐Ÿ™‚

I am using a dataset which we update daily through partitioning where we want to monitor what percentage of rows for a specific string column are filled. When I use the Analyze button in the explore tab I can easily see what percentage is empty and not empty for this column. (see attachment for a computing on a sample)

However we want to automate these calculations to be performed automatically every day with a scenario. Therefore a recipe or dashboard would be easier than daily manually computing the empty rows in the explore tab. 

I was wondering if there is any way to use a recipe to create a super simple dashboard with the number of filled rows, the number of empty rows and the percentage of empty rows.

Thanks in advance!

Operating system used: Windows

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MiguelangelC
Dataiker

Hi,

An option here is to use metrics. On the dataset go to  Status > Edit

Here you can enable the 'Columns statistics' button and select 'Empty value count' for your selected columns.

In order for this calculation to happen everytime the dataset is built select 'Auto compute after build = yes', which is right of the 'Columns statistics' button.

Finally, in order to see this metric you just need to select it in 'Metrics display settings' on the  Status > Metrics page

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MiguelangelC
Dataiker

Hi,

An option here is to use metrics. On the dataset go to  Status > Edit

Here you can enable the 'Columns statistics' button and select 'Empty value count' for your selected columns.

In order for this calculation to happen everytime the dataset is built select 'Auto compute after build = yes', which is right of the 'Columns statistics' button.

Finally, in order to see this metric you just need to select it in 'Metrics display settings' on the  Status > Metrics page