Dashboard Count Metrics Not Updating

d1schwa
Level 2
Dashboard Count Metrics Not Updating

Hi Team,

I created a workflow with an email output of a multi-tab spreadsheet along with a dashboard with a summary of the data in the spreadsheet (count of entries for each tab on the spreadsheet). Unfortunately, when the workflow runs, the spreadsheet updates, but the dashboard with counts does not. Does anyone know how I can get the dashboard to update every time the flow runs?

Operating system used: Windows

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Emma
Dataiker

Hey @d1schwa , 

What do you mean by "summary of the data"? Are you using a Dataiku Metric? If so, you will need to choose YES for "Auto complete after build" (see screenshot). 

Hope that helps, 

Emma 

0 Kudos
d1schwa
Level 2
Author

Thanks. I selected yes, but the next time I ran the flow, the data sets updated, but the dashboard metrics still did not. Is there a step in the scenario that I need to have that will allow the dashboard metrics to update to match the data sets?

0 Kudos
Emma
Dataiker

You do not need to add any steps to the Scenario, you just need to do a browser refresh, and you will see the new values in the Metric cards! 

0 Kudos
d1schwa
Level 2
Author

Thanks. I am trying to send the result of the flow in a daily email, so it needs to automatically update the metrics when it runs. I believe I found a solution. In the scenario, I created a Compute Metrics step. That updated the metrics each time the flow ran. It looks like that fixed it. 

0 Kudos