Creating a Dataiku project with the same project key as a deleted project retains the contributors

ak12
Creating a Dataiku project with the same project key as a deleted project retains the contributors

We found a slightly odd bug today that I don't know if anyone has seen before or found a fix for

If someone creates a project with example project key project_A, 3 users complete 100 commits on the project, then deletes it.

If I then create a new project, with the project key project_A (as it is not a duplicate key since the first project was deleted). When I look at the activity of the new project, it will still show the 100 commits by the 3 users. 

It seems to retain only this metadata from previous projects with the same project key... I assume this is related to the internal stats datasets doing the same. But has as anyone come across this before?

(I just created the tutorial project in the image 10 minutes ago!)

3 Replies
ZachM
Dataiker

Hi @ak12 ,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I was able to reproduce it on my end.

I've logged this issue with our Engineering team for further investigation.

Thanks,

Zach

0 Kudos
NN

Hi @ZachM 
Would you have any suggestions on how to temporarily fix this from our end?
Ive noticed a similar issue for one of my project_key as well.

0 Kudos
apichery
Dataiker

Hi !

To clear the internal databases, open the project, then in the top menu select "..." menu then "Macros".

Select "Clear internal databases" macro and run it. Make sure to check Clear activity timeline and put 9999 in the max age text box.  

macro.png

โ€ƒ