Constant Browser Crashing on Dashboard

galghaith
Level 3
Constant Browser Crashing on Dashboard

Hi,

I'm getting constant browser crashes while I'm viewing the Dashboard.

Error code: Out of Memory

image_21.png

Centos / Dataiku Enterprise 10.0 / Edge Browser โ€ƒ

Operating system used: Centos

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JordanB
Dataiker

Hi @galghaith,

Have you tried using a different browser? This error usually indicates an issue with the browser or underlying OS rather than DSS. The browser may need to be updated or re-installed. Please see this post concerning the same error. I assume that you are running the browser on a version of Windows... what version would that be? 

Thanks!

Jordan

0 Kudos
galghaith
Level 3
Author

I tried it with a fresh chrome installation and the result is the same. 

I can reproduce the problem by switching on/of filters randomly, seems it's memory leak from Dataiku. 

Attached 2 screenshots from 2 browsers (chrome & Edge)

My system spec:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise
Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044
Processor Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3187 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB

0 Kudos
galghaith
Level 3
Author

I just migrated the project to DSS and still getting the same error. However, this time I got another error (attached) as well before the browser "out of memory" error.

0 Kudos
JordanB
Dataiker

Hi @galghaith,

Do you have a notebook on your dashboard?  This error is due to loading a large amount of data stored in the notebook into the browser's memory, which causes the browser to crash. To avoid this, we would suggest clearing the output cells of the notebook prior to saving the notebook. If you are able to open the notebook, then please try clearing the output (Kernel > Restart & Clear Output). 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
galghaith
Level 3
Author

No im not using notebook tile in dashboard, the memory leak is from somewhere else. 

0 Kudos