Connect to Oracle DB through a vpn

IsaacChavez
Level 2
Connect to Oracle DB through a vpn

Hello everyone

I am trying to connect to an Oracle DB through a VPN, my computer is already connected to the VPN and  when I test the connection between my computer and the DB host with ping it works, but when it try in Dataiku it fails:

Failed to reach database: Failed to connect, caused by: SQLException: IO Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection, caused by: NetException: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection, caused by: SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out

Is there a way that Dataiku can connect to that VPN? so I can connect to the database 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CatalinaS
Dataiker

The error indicates that DSS host cannot connect to the Oracle database server.

Testing the connection between your computer and the DB host would be relevant only in the case if DSS would run locally on your computer. If this is not the case, you need to connect to DSS host and then check if DSS host can connect to the Oracle database server by running a telnet command like below:

telnet <oracle-db-host> <port>

Since this issue is network related you should follow up with your network admins for further assistance investigating this.

0 Kudos