Connect to MS Access file with Date/Time data type

Solved!
Romana
Level 3
Connect to MS Access file with Date/Time data type

Hi,

I am trying to connect to MS Access files with some fields of Date/Time data type.

I followed the steps suggested in similar post:  https://community.dataiku.com/t5/Using-Dataiku-DSS/How-to-open-an-MS-Access-file/m-p/901 but this only works for files without "Date/Time" filed in Access data.  

Otherwise I get following error: 

UCAExc:::5.0.0 incompatible data type in conversion, caused by: SQLSyntaxErrorException: incompatible data type in conversion, caused by: HsqlException: incompatible data type in conversion

Additional technical details

• Error type:net.ucanaccess.jdbc.UcanaccessSQLException

Thank you for any suggestion,

Best regards,

Romana

2 Solutions
rikro
Level 3

Seems some bug in either UCanAccess or one of its dependent libraries.

For me it works when using UCanAccess 4.0.4 from https://sourceforge.net/projects/ucanaccess/files/archive/v4_archive/

Best regards,
Richard

View solution in original post

CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

A new Knowledge Base article has been published on this topic: Utilizing MS Access in Dataiku DSS

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
rikro
Level 3

Seems some bug in either UCanAccess or one of its dependent libraries.

For me it works when using UCanAccess 4.0.4 from https://sourceforge.net/projects/ucanaccess/files/archive/v4_archive/

Best regards,
Richard

Romana
Level 3
Author

Thank you @rikro@CoreyS for both answers!

It finally works now! However I have encountered issues when trying to connect to bigger databases (over 500MB). Dataiku seems to crush every time I try to connect to such a big DB. Do you have any tip / workaround for that? 

Many thanks for you help! 

Romana 

0 Kudos
au8
Level 1

Hello is it possible to know how you solved it please ?

I am using ucanaccess-5.0.0 and I have the same error

Thanks

0 Kudos
Romana
Level 3
Author

Hi,

we use 4.0.4 version and for bigger files, we process it using python code. That works.

Best regards,

Romana 

0 Kudos
au8
Level 1

Hi thanks for your reply

I use ucanaccess-5.0.0 and I have this error on small MS Access file ... but on linux not on Windows.

0 Kudos
au8
Level 1

In fact there are regressions in ucanaccess 5.0 with 4.0.4 it works ... Thanks

0 Kudos
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

A new Knowledge Base article has been published on this topic: Utilizing MS Access in Dataiku DSS

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!