Discover this year's submissions to the Dataiku Frontrunner Awards and give kudos to your favorite use cases and success stories!READ MORE

Compute diff between dates and number of days

Solved!
Ankur5289
Level 3
Level 3
Compute diff between dates and number of days

Hi , Is there a way to have date column as input and number if days stored in Integer format.

i want to subtract them and have my output stored in a date column. The inc() function will not work because i  have the column name and can be used only for incrementing dates by a number.

Suppose i want to decrement a date by a particular column having bigint , then could you pls guide how to do achieve that ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
HarizoR
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

Hi,

If all your column's values are positive and you want to decrement from it, you can just multiply it by -1 to achieve the desired output:

inc(date, -1*delta_days, "days")

Best,

Harizo

View solution in original post

4 Replies
HarizoR
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

Hi,

You can pass negative values to the inc() function if you need to decrement dates, like this:

Screenshot 2022-02-14 at 17.06.50.png

Hope this helps!

Best,

Harizo

0 Kudos
Ankur5289
Level 3
Level 3
Author

Thanks @HarizoR  for the response. I am having fixed positive integers, is it possible to decrement dates by positive integers. or do you have any ways to transform a postive number to negative number=?

0 Kudos
HarizoR
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

Hi,

If all your column's values are positive and you want to decrement from it, you can just multiply it by -1 to achieve the desired output:

inc(date, -1*delta_days, "days")

Best,

Harizo

Ankur5289
Level 3
Level 3
Author

Thanks a lot @har

. it worked.

0 Kudos