Color problem on graphs

Solved!
Mourad
Level 2
Color problem on graphs

Bonjour,

Pouvez-vous m'aider à résoudre un petit problème de couleurs sur des graphs ? Je souhaite paramétrer les couleurs de mes graphiques sur Dataiku, afin d'avoir les mêmes couleurs pour chaque motif pour l'ensemble. 

La couleur change à chaque fois.

Merci d'avance,

Hello,

Can you help me solve a little color problem on graphs? I want to configure the colors of my graphics on Dataiku, in order to have the same colors for each pattern for the set.

The color changes each time.

Thank you in advance,

2 Solutions
Alex_Combessie
Dataiker Alumni

Hi,

Have you looked into using meaning-associated colour palettes? https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/visualization/palettes.html#meaning-associated-palettes

In a nutshell, if you have a custom meaning, for example, "customer_segment" with a predefined set of values, you can map each value to a specific colour. All charts using this colour palette will reuse the same colour for a specific value.

Hope it helps,

Alex

View solution in original post

Alex_Combessie
Dataiker Alumni

Hi Mourad, 

Sadly, this is a permission issue. You need to ask your DSS admin to enable the "Manage user-defined meanings" feature on the group which contains your user:

Screenshot 2020-04-10 at 17.05.47.png

Once the feature is enabled you will have access to the Meaning screen above.

Hope that helps. If needed I can do a screen recording of the procedure.

Cheers,

Alex

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Alex_Combessie
Dataiker Alumni

Hi,

Have you looked into using meaning-associated colour palettes? https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/visualization/palettes.html#meaning-associated-palettes

In a nutshell, if you have a custom meaning, for example, "customer_segment" with a predefined set of values, you can map each value to a specific colour. All charts using this colour palette will reuse the same colour for a specific value.

Hope it helps,

Alex

Mourad
Level 2
Author

Bonjour, merci pour votre réponse Alex.

J'avait fait exactement ce que tu as dit là. Ça marche pour la majorité de mes graphs, sauf 2. Je te laisse une photo en pièce-jointe (un graph qui fonctionne et un autre qui ne fonctionne pas. Par exemple : sur le motif entouré en jaune, je veux garder la couleur du rose sur le premier graph, et la même palette est aussi appliquée.

Souhait : changer la couleur du graph en haut, en rose.  Ce problème est pour plusieurs couleurs.

Merci pour ton aide Alex,

0 Kudos
Mourad
Level 2
Author

Hello, thank you for your response Alex.

I did exactly what you said there. It works for most of my graphs, except for 2. I'll leave you a picture attached (one graph that works and one that doesn't.) For example: on the pattern circled in yellow, I want to keep the color pink on the first graph, and the same palette is also applied.

Wish: change the color of the graph at the top to pink. This problem is for multiple colors.

Thanks for your help Alex,

0 Kudos
Alex_Combessie
Dataiker Alumni

Hi,

Could you share a screenshot showing the settings you have chosen for the custom meaning?

Screenshot 2020-04-10 at 15.56.48.png

Also for the charts which do not work, can you verify that you have applied the custom meaning to your column?

Cheers,

Alex

Mourad
Level 2
Author

I couldn't find your display like the photo, but I got this one.

So ?

Mourad_1-1586528576048.png

0 Kudos
Alex_Combessie
Dataiker Alumni

Hi,

You need to go to the "Meaning" section as shown below:

Screenshot 2020-04-10 at 16.41.08.png

You'll need a "value list" custom meaning, as documented on: https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/schemas/user-defined-meanings.html#values-list

Then you can apply this custom meaning to the column that you want to apply consistent colouring on.

Cheers,

Alex

Mourad
Level 2
Author

I went to the column but he tells me that. What can I do?

There's already an existing palette.

Mourad_2-1586530459371.png

0 Kudos
Mourad
Level 2
Author

Can I show you this on zoom or other application for screen sharing ?
It's more practice

0 Kudos
Alex_Combessie
Dataiker Alumni

Hi Mourad, 

Sadly, this is a permission issue. You need to ask your DSS admin to enable the "Manage user-defined meanings" feature on the group which contains your user:

Screenshot 2020-04-10 at 17.05.47.png

Once the feature is enabled you will have access to the Meaning screen above.

Hope that helps. If needed I can do a screen recording of the procedure.

Cheers,

Alex