Can't manage my own scenario created

Options
Grixis6
Grixis6 Registered Posts: 15 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm having a problem with my scenario and I can't figure out the root cause.

At any level I have a different error message :

1 - When I open my scenario :

You do not have permission to read-use for dashboard <SCENARIO KEY_SCENARIO/> within KEY PROJECT

-> I'm admin on it and the project isnt delete or something else.

2 - When I in setting's scenario :

Failed to read project permissions, caused by: NotFoundException: Project does not exist: 1

-> The project exist, for exemple I can duplicate it and build it...

3 - When I try to delete it :

A scenario is from another project, it cannot be deleted, it should be unshared:

• SCENARIO_KEY
But it's the key of the scenario in question which is not share and which it itself unique and present her, in the project source.

Best Answer

• Grixis6
    Answer ✓
    Options

Solution : Don't create scenario with a "." in the scenario's key.

In my case : Scenario's name contain "." which is not permitted in the scenario as it will consider caracter before "." as the project key.

Exemple, if you choose a key's name : "1. launch" interpreted as "1"

Martin.

Answers

• Sarina
    Sarina Dataiker, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer Posts: 315 Dataiker
    Options

Hi @Grixis6

Can you open a support ticket or chat with the following information?

(1) The scenario key, project key and your DSS user id
    (2) screenshots of each of the 3 errors you describe below so that we understand exactly what you are seeing
    (3) a diagnostic of the DSS instance to use for troubleshooting

That should allow us to help diagnose the issue.

Thanks,
    Sarina

• Grixis6
    Options

Hi SarinaS,

Thank you. I opnened a support ticket with all these information with screenshots of these errors.

Martin.

• CoreyS
    CoreyS Dataiker Alumni, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Registered Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you for sharing your solution @Grixis6
    !

• June
    June Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Registered Posts: 19 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is there a bug report for this issue? I had the same thing happen when I included a "." in my scenario names. If this is an illegal character then it should not be allowed by the platform. An error should occur when you try to give a scenario a name containing illegal characters.

• Sarina
    Sarina Dataiker, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer Posts: 315 Dataiker
    Options

Hi @June

Yes, we have an existing bug report for this issue, and agree that the UI should prevent users from creating scenarios with the "." character.

Thanks,
    Sarina

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…