Can't manage my own scenario created

Solved!
Grixis6
Level 3
Can't manage my own scenario created

I'm having a problem with my scenario and I can't figure out the root cause.

At any level I have a different error message :

1 - When I open my scenario :

You do not have permission to read-use for dashboard <SCENARIO KEY_SCENARIO/> within KEY PROJECT

-> I'm admin on it and the project isnt delete or something else.

2 - When I in setting's scenario :

Failed to read project permissions, caused by: NotFoundException: Project does not exist: 1

-> The project exist, for exemple I can duplicate it and build it...

3 - When I try to delete it :

A scenario is from another project, it cannot be deleted, it should be unshared:

• SCENARIO_KEY
But it's the key of the scenario in question which is not share and which it itself unique and present her, in the project source.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Grixis6
Level 3
Author

Solution : Don't create scenario with a  "."  in the scenario's key.

In my case : Scenario's name contain "." which is not permitted in the scenario as it will consider caracter before "." as the project key.

Exemple, if you choose a key's name : "1. launch" interpreted as "1"

Martin.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
SarinaS
Dataiker

Hi @Grixis6,

Can you open a support ticket or chat with the following information?

(1) The scenario key, project key and your DSS user id 
(2) screenshots of each of the 3 errors you describe below so that we understand exactly what you are seeing 
(3) a diagnostic of the DSS instance  to use for troubleshooting

That should allow us to help diagnose the issue. 

Thanks,
Sarina

Grixis6
Level 3
Author

Hi SarinaS,

Thank you. I opnened a support ticket with all these information with screenshots of these errors.

Martin.

0 Kudos
Grixis6
Level 3
Author

Solution : Don't create scenario with a  "."  in the scenario's key.

In my case : Scenario's name contain "." which is not permitted in the scenario as it will consider caracter before "." as the project key.

Exemple, if you choose a key's name : "1. launch" interpreted as "1"

Martin.

CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Thank you for sharing your solution @Grixis6!

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
June
Level 3

Is there a bug report for this issue?  I had the same thing happen when I included a "." in my scenario names.  If this is an illegal character then it should not be allowed by the platform.  An error should occur when you try to give a scenario a name containing illegal characters.  

0 Kudos
SarinaS
Dataiker

Hi @June,

Yes, we have an existing bug report for this issue, and agree that the UI should prevent users from creating scenarios with the "." character. 

Thanks,
Sarina 

0 Kudos