Build all flow in scenarios

jrod31
Level 3
Build all flow in scenarios

Hi, 

I imported a dataset from a SharePoint. I have not added any cleaning recipe yet.

I added an export recipe to spit out the data to Tableau server. Everything works when I run / build the entire flow manually. 

I am trying to add a Time-based scenario with a build trigger to check if there are any changes in the Share Point dataset and if there is - Tableau server will update with the new changes. 

If I run the flow manually it works but when it runs through scenario it doesn't. So, question is....

- Is it not running because it's not building a new dataset? 
- or how can I build the entire flow using scenario? 

Newbie here!

Thanks!

Operating system used: Windows 11pro

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Turribeach

I am trying to add a Time-based scenario with a build trigger to check if there are any changes in the Share Point dataset 

Dataiku doesn't support checking changes in plugin datasets so you need to figure out some other way to do this. You could sync your Sharepoint dataset every 10 mins to a SQL dataset and then put the dataset change trigger into that one. 

0 Kudos
jrod31
Level 3
Author

Just to understand it correctly - Dataiku doesn't check for changes in datasets (like Excel file) on a share Point? 

If I had the dataset in a SQL database - Then I could have a trigger check for changes - Correct me if I am wrong. 

Thanks for your help @Turribeach  !!

0 Kudos
Turribeach

Correct. 

0 Kudos