AttributeError: DataFrame object has no attribute _session

snowflakeuser
Level 2

I got the error while running the following piece of code. Can anyone tell me whats wrong ?

# get output dataset
LOANS_FE = dataiku.Dataset("LOANS_FE")

# write input dataframe to output dataset
dku_snowpark.write_with_schema(LOANS_FE,snowdf)

AttributeError                            Traceback (most recent call last)
<ipython-input-34-bdd96a80a1c7> in <cell line: 5>()
      4 # write input dataframe to output dataset
----> 5 dku_snowpark.write_with_schema(LOANS_FE,snowdf)
      6 #LOANS_FE.write_with_schema(snowdf)

/home/dataiku/dataiku-dss-11.0.0/python/dataiku/snowpark/snowpark.py in write_with_schema(self, dataset, df, force_direct_write, dropAndCreate)
    134         :param dropAndCreate: drop and recreate the dataset.
    135         """
--> 136         return self.write_dataframe(dataset, df, True, force_direct_write, dropAndCreate)
    138     def write_dataframe(self, dataset, df, infer_schema=False, force_direct_write=False, dropAndCreate=False):

/home/dataiku/dataiku-dss-11.0.0/python/dataiku/snowpark/snowpark.py in write_dataframe(self, dataset, df, infer_schema, force_direct_write, dropAndCreate)
    153             raise ValueError("Dataframe is not a Snowpark dataframe. Use dataset.write_dataframe() instead.")
--> 155         df_connection_name = df._session.dss_connection_name if hasattr(df._session, "dss_connection_name") else None
    156         dataset_config = dataset.get_config()
    157         dataset_info = dataset.get_location_info()["info"]

/data/dataiku/datadir/code-envs/python/snowpark/lib/python3.8/site-packages/snowflake/snowpark/dataframe.py in __getattr__(self, name)
    521         # Snowflake DB ignores cases when there is no quotes.
    522         if name.lower() not in [c.lower() for c in self.columns]:
--> 523             raise AttributeError(    524                 f"{self.__class__.__name__} object has no attribute {name}"
    525             )

Operating system used: Windows 10

Operating system used: Windows 10

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi @snowflakeuser,

Can you confirm your DSS version and snowpark library version? 

The error suggests and incompatibility between DSS version and snowpark library. 

For DSS 11+  you should version 0.6.0+ of snowpark library. 

If you < DSS11 you should < 0.6.0.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
snowflakeuser
Level 2
Author

Hi @AlexT, Thanks for the reply
my DSS version is 11.0.0 but I don't know how to check and change snowpark version. Can please provide a solution to update the snowpark version in Dataiku DSS?

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi, 

Please check under currently installed packages for your snowpark code env. 

snowflake-snowpark-python

Screenshot 2022-08-04 at 12.35.58.png

If you update the code env and check rebuild it should install the latest available version 0.8.0 

Screenshot 2022-08-04 at 12.36.09.png

Ref: https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/connecting/sql/snowflake.html#snowpark-integration

0 Kudos
snowflakeuser
Level 2
Author

Hi @AlexT ,
where can I find these settings (please share the path), I am using Dataiku via snowflake's partner connect.

0 Kudos
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi,

If you are using Dataiku Online via Partner Connect.

We can check your environment you mind reaching out directly to Support via Chat built-in to DSS and the Launchpad:

See: 

https://knowledge.dataiku.com/latest/kb/dku-online/obtaining-support.html#:~:text=Dataiku%20Online%2....

0 Kudos
kbhatt
Level 1

Verify that the parameters you are passing to write_with_schema are correct. Typically, such a function would expect the destination dataset and the DataFrame to write.

Ensure that LOANS_FE and snowdf are the correct types (a Dataiku dataset and a DataFrame, respectively).

Make sure that snowdf is compatible with the Dataiku dataset. If snowdf is not a DataFrame that Dataiku can recognize or if its schema doesn't match with LOANS_FE, you might encounter issues.

0 Kudos