Access the commit number of a recipe via the API

Options
Romain_L
Romain_L Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Dataiku DSS Developer Posts: 13 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

I have a question about the commit history of a python recipe.

Via the DSS API, I would like acces the history of a recipe and more specifically the commit number.

Annotation 2022-01-19 104259.png

After several searches on the API (Recipe, project, instance,....) I did not find a solution.

The only track i could see is the internal datasets of type Commits (Internal Gits) but it does not really answer my need.

Do you have an idea ?

Thank you in advance

Operating system used: centos (7)

Best Answer

Answers

• HarizoR
    HarizoR Dataiker, Alpha Tester, Registered Posts: 138 Dataiker
    Options

Hi,

There is indeed nothing specific to this task in the public API. What would be the use-case for it? I am interested to understand what is missing from the data you already have in the internal datasets

Best,

Harizo

• Romain_L
    Romain_L Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Dataiku DSS Developer Posts: 13 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi! Thanks for the response.

I have the impression that the internal dataset is not updated at each commit, at least not instantly. I make a change when i look my commit dataset i only have the previous commits.

However, as soon as i save and launch a recipe, I should be able to retrieve its commit number directly

Best,

Romain

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…