Access of the partition value in visual recipes

tomas
Level 5
Access of the partition value in visual recipes

Hi,

I would like to put the partition value (used in the recipe) to the filter. 

image.png

But I get 

An invalid argument has been encountered : Unknown DSS variable: DKU_DST_DATE
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Ignacio_Toledo

Hi @tomas. What is exactly your use case?

If you are using partitions, when running a recipe over a partitioned dataset, the data included in the recipe (to get distinct rows in your case) will have already been 'filtered' to only keep the date of the partition that is being run. 

Or in other words, when you run a recipe over a partitioned dataset, the process will always include a filter 'date_partition = ${DKU_DST_DATE}' for all the dates included in your partition selection.

So I wonder what is exactly the use case that you want to solve.

0 Kudos
tomas
Level 5
Author

Yes I know, but imagine a dataset where is a string column (YYYY-MM-DD format) containing date values is part of the data. But the dataset is NOT partitioned, data is in one or more parquet files, no partition structure in folders. And the visual recipe is doing group by and aggregation into a partitioned table. So and you want to process every single partition value (DAY) in a such way that dataiku takes only the given day, aggregates it and stores into a particular partition.

0 Kudos

Then I was in fact making a wrong assumption, as I thought the input dataset was also partitioned.

However, even if the source data is not partitioned into folders, you can create the dataset and manually set the partition in dataiku, maybe that could help?

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Paw
Level 1

Hey,

Same problem like Tomas, in input I have an hive database not partitioned and I would like to put the partition value (used in the recipe) to the filter.
Have you any update for this topic?

PS: My input table is large and i can not partitioned this one
PS2 : In impala recipe, it's working

0 Kudos
Paw
Level 1

Update, it's working. 2022-10-06 10_46_16-Window.jpg

CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Thank you for sharing this update with the rest of the Community, @Paw!

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as ‘Accepted Solution’ to help others like you!