Timeout for enqued trigger

Solved!
NN
Timeout for enqued trigger

Hi dataiku team,
I had a question on trigger that get enqued and squashed.

Suppose i have a scenario with triggers every day at 3pm , 4pm and 5pm.
Now if my 3pm Job is running and overflows the 4pm trigger and the 5pm trigger then i understand that the 4pm trigger gets squashed and the 5pm trigger is what remains in queue.

My question is how long is this trigger active for ?
i.e. suppose my job continued to run till 9pm will the 5pm trigger run the scenario after 9 or does it get timed out ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi @NN ,

This is a very good question, so "max queuing time" is 10% of the normal delay between runs.

For a daily scenario, it means that the scenario will only catch up if it can start within 2 hours and 24 minutes of its initially planned running time.

For the hourly scenario, it will only run if it can start within  6 min of the planned start time.   Otherwise, it will be squashed. 

Let me know if this answers your question.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi @NN ,

This is a very good question, so "max queuing time" is 10% of the normal delay between runs.

For a daily scenario, it means that the scenario will only catch up if it can start within 2 hours and 24 minutes of its initially planned running time.

For the hourly scenario, it will only run if it can start within  6 min of the planned start time.   Otherwise, it will be squashed. 

Let me know if this answers your question.

0 Kudos
NN
Author

Hi @AlexT 
As always thanks for your prompt reply. if i could disturb you for one more thing, 
how would this timeout apply for other triggers. like Triggers on Dataset/Folder change ?

0 Kudos