Permission Denied Installing Standalone Hadoop Integration

Solved!
ryanraasch
Level 2
Permission Denied Installing Standalone Hadoop Integration

I am trying to install the standalone hadoop integration for Dataiku. My Dataiku instance is hosted on a linux server and when I follow the directions for standalone installation here (Setting up Hadoop integration โ€” Dataiku DSS 11 documentation), I get a permission denied error because it's treating the "-standaloneArchive" as "-s tandaloneArhive". I'm not much of a sysadmin so I have limited knowledge of working in linux. An image is attached of the command I am running. 

Instead of working with the full dataiku-dss-hadoop...tar.gz filename I have the file named as hadoop3-standalone.tar.gz. Would that have any impact on the install? 

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Operating system used: Linux

Operating system used: Linux

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi,
The correct command should be with -standaloneArchive 

./bin/dssadmin install-hadoop-integration -standaloneArchive dataiku-dss-spark-standalone-11.1.1-3.2.1-generic-hadoop3.tar.gz

Not you need to download the appropriate archive for your version from :
https://downloads.dataiku.com/public/studio/11.3.2/dataiku-dss-hadoop-standalone-libs-generic-hadoop...

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi,
The correct command should be with -standaloneArchive 

./bin/dssadmin install-hadoop-integration -standaloneArchive dataiku-dss-spark-standalone-11.1.1-3.2.1-generic-hadoop3.tar.gz

Not you need to download the appropriate archive for your version from :
https://downloads.dataiku.com/public/studio/11.3.2/dataiku-dss-hadoop-standalone-libs-generic-hadoop...

Thanks

0 Kudos
ryanraasch
Level 2
Author

Thanks for your response. I tried that exact command using -standaloneArchive with the full name of the tar.gz file and got the same error of permission denied to execute tandaloneArchive. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
ryanraasch
Level 2
Author

Turns out it was permissions issues on my end and the location of where I placed the tar.gz file. Your response was correct. Thank you!

0 Kudos

Labels

?

Setup info

?
A banner prompting to get Dataiku