Notify if dataset is NON empty

Solved!
pnaik1
Level 3
Notify if dataset is NON empty

Hi all,

I have final dataset with 5 columns (col1, col2, col3, col4, col5). After running whole workflow (using scenario) I want to make sure that 3 columns (col1, col3, col5) of final dataset should not contain null values. In case any of these 3 column value(s) is null then I want to get notified through mail.

Can someone help me with how to proceed. 

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Grixis6
Level 3

Hello,

Of course, you can do this in several ways.

If you simply want to be informed by email at each build of your dataframe if the columns (col1, col3, col5)> not contain null values.

You can create in the status and metrics section a check on each column if they are not null.

> If I understood your need correctly: you could include in your scenario 2 more steps after your build: do the checks, send an email (if or not) with the results of your checks attached: empty / not empty for your columns.

For example; if your check failed that means : your columns are empty.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Grixis6
Level 3

Hello,

Of course, you can do this in several ways.

If you simply want to be informed by email at each build of your dataframe if the columns (col1, col3, col5)> not contain null values.

You can create in the status and metrics section a check on each column if they are not null.

> If I understood your need correctly: you could include in your scenario 2 more steps after your build: do the checks, send an email (if or not) with the results of your checks attached: empty / not empty for your columns.

For example; if your check failed that means : your columns are empty.

Ignacio_Toledo

Hi @pnaik1,

If you need more material to follow @Grixis6 suggestion, you can find these sections of the Knowledge Base to be useful:

1. Automation: Metrics and Checks
  2. Automation: Scenarios

They have examples on how to create Checks and use them in scenarios. If you'd like a more step-by-step example, please let me know, and I can share some material I've with you.

Cheers