Jupyter connection with azure blob

SourabhJ
Level 2
Jupyter connection with azure blob

Hi, I am trying to connect jupyter notebook with azure blob storage & when doing so i am getting below error. Can you help me resolve this error.

DatalakeRESTException: HTTP error: ConnectionError(MaxRetryError("HTTPSConnectionPool(host='aicpadlsdev.azuredatalakestore.net', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /webhdfs/v1/curated/cornerstone/d2_data/DataEngineeringLab/ADF_User_ConfigFile.csv?OP=GETFILESTATUS&api-version=2018-09-01 (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7fa490a435f8>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -2] Name or service not known',))",),)

For reference I am linking one article which i had referred to make the connection -

https://medium.com/azure-data-lake/using-jupyter-notebooks-and-pandas-with-azure-data-lake-store-487...

Operating system used: Windows

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CatalinaS
Dataiker

Hi @SourabhJ ,

Based on the error, the hostname aicpadlsdev.azuredatalakestore.net is unknown to the DSS server, and thus is unresolvable:

HTTPSConnectionPool(host='aicpadlsdev.azuredatalakestore.net', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /webhdfs/v1/curated/cornerstone/d2_data/DataEngineeringLab/ADF_User_ConfigFile.csv?OP=GETFILESTATUS&api-version=2018-09-01 (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7fa490a435f8>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -2] Name or service not known',))

You will need to ensure that this hostname is able to be accessed from the DSS server. 

You can check this from the DSS server by running one of the below commands:

telnet aicpadlsdev.azuredatalakestore.net:443
 curl -v https://aicpadlsdev.azuredatalakestore.net

If you can't connect using curl or telnet commands, you should contact your network admin to investigate this issue further.

0 Kudos
SourabhJ
Level 2
Author

Hi,

Thank you for the quick response on the below query.

But again how can i run the below telnet commands on DSS server.

Is there any inbuilt CLI in DSS where i can run this commands & does it require admin rights to run these ?

0 Kudos
CatalinaS
Dataiker

Hi @SourabhJ 

To run the commands you need access to the instance where DSS is running. You need to connect by SSH to the instance and run the commands from CLI. If you don't have access to the instance you need to investigate this issue further with your network administrator.

0 Kudos

Labels

?
Labels (3)
A banner prompting to get Dataiku