Is it possible to use VS Code Integration with more than one Dataiku Instance

Solved!
tgb417
Is it possible to use VS Code Integration with more than one Dataiku Instance

I'm working with several instances of DSS.  A personal instance.  One on a Non-Profit Volunteer project, and one for work.  Is there a way to set up the VS Code integration such that I can switch between DSS Instances?

On this knowledge base page, I see a reference to two instances and a default.

VS Code Setup.png

However, I'm not clear if you can only have " 

"designInstance":
 "productionInstance":

Or if you can create any number of arbitrary Instances.

And I don't know how to switch between instances.

Does anyone have any insights on this?

--Tom
0 Kudos
1 Solution
sergeyd
Dataiker

Hi @tgb417 

You can set as many instances as you want in the config.json file but you can load the connection details only from one (default_instance) per VSCode operation. If you need to switch instances, you will need to exit VSCode, change the "default_instance" in the config file and start VSCode.

Hope this answers your question. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sergeyd
Dataiker

Hi @tgb417 

You can set as many instances as you want in the config.json file but you can load the connection details only from one (default_instance) per VSCode operation. If you need to switch instances, you will need to exit VSCode, change the "default_instance" in the config file and start VSCode.

Hope this answers your question. 

tgb417
Author

I've learned that the name of instances can be arbitrary.  What every name one wants to give seems to work.

I can now change instances by manually setting the default_instance

"default_instance": "productionInstance"

However, I've not found a way in VS Code to change this without opening and editing the file.

--Tom
0 Kudos
sergeyd
Dataiker

There is no option to do this via VSCode itself.

You will need to change the default instance (in the config.json file) VSCode will connect to and restart VSCode as stated in the KB article you shared.

0 Kudos