How to permanently disable the "Tooltips for this screen"

Solved!
mDercq
Level 2
How to permanently disable the "Tooltips for this screen"

Dear 'Dataikuers',

is there a way to disable the "Tooltips for this screen" everywhere permanently ? Everytime I log in to the DSS server it is on again.

Any option somewhere ?
I work with "Free" (v10) and "Entreprise" (v9) versions, with Firefox and Chrome.

Best regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
1 Solution
sergeyd
Dataiker

Hi @mDercq 

You can do this on the project home page while clicking on the green question mark (right upper corner): 

Screenshot 2022-02-13 at 17.49.52.png

Make sure you click "Disable everywhere". Please note this is a browser-side setting. If you open an incognito window or use a different browser -> Tooltips will appear again and you will need to disable them in that window/browser again. 

โ€ƒ

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sergeyd
Dataiker

Hi @mDercq 

You can do this on the project home page while clicking on the green question mark (right upper corner): 

Screenshot 2022-02-13 at 17.49.52.png

Make sure you click "Disable everywhere". Please note this is a browser-side setting. If you open an incognito window or use a different browser -> Tooltips will appear again and you will need to disable them in that window/browser again. 

โ€ƒ

0 Kudos
mDercq
Level 2
Author

Good Morning @sergeyd,

I got your point. I was indeed deleting the cookies upon closing the browser. 

Thanks for your time and hint.

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos
AhadBilal
Level 1

AUTOCAD 2012 is fresh to me. I'm trying to work out how to stop the tool tips and pop-ups that appear when you enter commands because they are SO ANNOYING. I am aware of the order I'm using and the action I desire.

Frustrating...

Thanks,

0 Kudos
AhadBilal
Level 1

Alternatively, if you dislike Infos when the mouse hovers over objects:

Rollover tips equal 0

Alternatively, if you dislike Quick Properties:

QPMODE = zero

0 Kudos
jhgnk
Level 1

@sergeyd The option to disable tooltips everywhere via the 'help' menu are not available anymore (at least not in DSS12). Where did they move?

Secondly, are there options to disable them all together when running a dedicated DSS server on-premise?

Thank you

0 Kudos

The option to disable them is is still there. Wait for a screen to show you a tooltip and then go to ther help menu. No option to disable them system wide as this is a user setting stored in a cookie.

0 Kudos