New to Dataiku DSS? Try out our NEW Quick Start Programs today and get onboarded on the product in just one hour! Let's go

Docker and Hadoop

UserBird
Dataiker
Dataiker
Docker and Hadoop
How can I use the docker version of DSS on a server which is an Hadoop Client? I don't want to set the DSS docker image as an Hadoop client itself, but I want to use the underlying system.

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
1 Reply
pbertin
Dataiker
Dataiker
Hello Lorenzo,

in any case, the docker image must have access to the (distribution-specific) Hadoop JARs and the cluster configuration files (typically from /etc/hadoop/conf/) to be able to talk to the Hadoop cluster.

There are several ways to achieve that, not sure which is simpler, depending on your setup. Maybe you could build a docker image derived from our base DSS image by adding the relevant Hadoop packages (the base image is Debian-7 based) and grab the configuration files by mounting the underlying system's /etc/hadoop directory?

For more precise / personalized help, we'd need to know more about your setup. I suggest you go to support.dataiku.com and open a ticket there so you can add relevant the information

Hope this helps

Patrice Bertin
0 Kudos
Labels (2)
A banner prompting to get Dataiku DSS