Dataiku DSS Plugin Error: pandas.io.json_normalize not found

Solved!
AkshayArora1
Level 2
Dataiku DSS Plugin Error: pandas.io.json_normalize not found

I am running a plugin on Dataiku DSS, it is throwing me error as pandas.io.json_normalize not found,

I have below version of pytrends and pandas installed:

pytrends - 4.8.0

pandas - 0.23.4

(Topic title edited by moderator to be more descriptive. Original title "Dataiku DSS Plugin")

0 Kudos
1 Solution
VitaliyD
Dataiker

Hi, Just want to add that we have added support for Pandas 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3 since DSS version 10.0.4 so to use a higher version of Pandas in the plugin you can set "corePackagesSet" to "PANDAS11" in the "desc.json" file. Supported core packages set versions:

LEGACY_PANDAS023 - default if the "corePackagesSet" not specified
PANDAS10,
PANDAS11,
PANDAS12,
PANDAS13

Screenshot 2022-10-01 at 14.31.26.png

Best,

Vitaliy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
VitaliyD
Dataiker

Hi,

The issue here is the naming convention in the paytrends for importing  "json_normalize" from Pandas. The lower versions of Pandas use "pandas.io.json.normalize", not "pandas.io.json._normalize". You should be able to fix this by using a lower version of the package (pytrends==4.6.0). Or, depending on the version of DSS you are using, you should be able to sort the issue by using Pandas 1.1, but it is not supported by DSS up to version 10.0.4.

This has also been reported to the paytrends maintainers here

Best,

Vitaliy

B

0 Kudos
VitaliyD
Dataiker

Hi, Just want to add that we have added support for Pandas 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3 since DSS version 10.0.4 so to use a higher version of Pandas in the plugin you can set "corePackagesSet" to "PANDAS11" in the "desc.json" file. Supported core packages set versions:

LEGACY_PANDAS023 - default if the "corePackagesSet" not specified
PANDAS10,
PANDAS11,
PANDAS12,
PANDAS13

Screenshot 2022-10-01 at 14.31.26.png

Best,

Vitaliy

0 Kudos
AkshayArora1
Level 2
Author