DSS startup failure on mac osx11 (macOS Big Sur ) *** OS distribution not supported *** osx 11.0

Solved!
dmusyoka
Level 1
DSS startup failure on mac osx11 (macOS Big Sur ) *** OS distribution not supported *** osx 11.0

Hello, 

Any One who has tried starting DSS on the new MacOS version 11? 

[Install] [+] Checking required dependencies

[Install] + Detected OS distribution : osx 11.0

[Install] *** OS distribution not supported *** osx 11.0

[Install] 

[-] Dependency check failed

[-] You can install required dependencies with:

[-]    sudo -i "/Applications/DataScienceStudio.app/Contents/Resources/kit/scripts/install/install-deps.sh" -without-java

[-] You can also disable this check with the -n installer flag

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Hi @dmusyoka sorry for the trouble you are having. You will be able to find some alternative ways of starting DSS here at this post: DSS Startup failed on MacOS 11 Big Sur 

I hope this helps!

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as ‘Accepted Solution’ to help others like you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Hi @dmusyoka sorry for the trouble you are having. You will be able to find some alternative ways of starting DSS here at this post: DSS Startup failed on MacOS 11 Big Sur 

I hope this helps!

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as ‘Accepted Solution’ to help others like you!
0 Kudos
dmusyoka
Level 1
Author

Thanks a lot @CoreyS  for the prompt support. It works!!!,  Am now able to use.