Search by column from flow

On large and complex projects, sometimes I'd like to quickly identify all the datasets that contain a column I'm interested in. I'd like to be able to search for a partial column name and have all the datasets that contain columns matching that name be highlighted so I can quickly find where a particular field comes from and has been used.

This will help with navigating large projects where I may not remember a dataset's name but I know the data it contains.

4 Comments
info-rchitect
Level 6

In my mind this would be akin to dataiku making an internal project level version of alation.  We use alation and I find it extremely helpful to find column, tables, schemas, etc.  I agree having similar basic search functionality within a project would be value add.

In my mind this would be akin to dataiku making an internal project level version of alation.  We use alation and I find it extremely helpful to find column, tables, schemas, etc.  I agree having similar basic search functionality within a project would be value add.

ktgross15
Dataiker

Thanks for the feedback! We've logged this feature request and will let you know if we have any updates here.

Katie

Status changed to: In the Backlog

Thanks for the feedback! We've logged this feature request and will let you know if we have any updates here.

Katie

AshleyW
Dataiker

Hi, 

Updating this thread to let you know that with the release of 12.5, we have a new Flow view called 'Column usage' that lets you highlight where given columns appear in the Flow. 

Cheers, 

Ashley

Status changed to: Released

Hi, 

Updating this thread to let you know that with the release of 12.5, we have a new Flow view called 'Column usage' that lets you highlight where given columns appear in the Flow. 

Cheers, 

Ashley

info-rchitect
Level 6

thx!

thx!