Permit execution of pre-write and post-write statements in settings/advanced Datasets definition

0 Kudos

I have a dataset which takes 20 minutes to be generated.
To improve reading performance (it is used in a webapp), I've tried several indexes definitions.

It's boring to await the full execution of the parent recipe to generate the new indexes. (and exasperating when you misspelled the post-write statement)

A simple โ€œexecuteโ€ button would be nice.

2 Comments

Isn't this what database triggers are for? Irrespective of that you can use the SQL Script or even SQL Query to run multiple SQL statements in a recipe. Also a Python recipe with the SQL Executor will allow you to place pre/post SQL statements at will. 

Isn't this what database triggers are for? Irrespective of that you can use the SQL Script or even SQL Query to run multiple SQL statements in a recipe. Also a Python recipe with the SQL Executor will allow you to place pre/post SQL statements at will. 

Pierre_Ceteaud
Level 1

You're right, there are multiple ways to not use the pre-write and post-write feature.
Many of our dataIku users do not understand triggers and do not even have access to them. Since the functionality of pre and post statements exists, it seems desirable to me to make it more user-friendly.

You're right, there are multiple ways to not use the pre-write and post-write feature.
Many of our dataIku users do not understand triggers and do not even have access to them. Since the functionality of pre and post statements exists, it seems desirable to me to make it more user-friendly.