Parse all unparsed dates at once

The dataset explorer is great at detecting unparsed dates and recommending them in the shaker script editor. But I find myself parsing dozens of dates pretty frequently. Ideally, I could press one button to automatically parse all the unparsed dates in my dataset, selecting the most likely date format for each. Then, if there are any issues, I could go back and edit individual recipe steps to make changes. This would save me quite a bit of time in timestamp-heavy data prep workflows.

2 Comments
AshleyW
Dataiker

Thanks for your idea, @natejgardner; it meets our requirements for submission and we'll reach out should we require more information. 

If youโ€™re reading this and think this would be a great capability to add to DSS, be sure to kudos the original post if you haven't already!

Status changed to: In the Backlog

Thanks for your idea, @natejgardner; it meets our requirements for submission and we'll reach out should we require more information. 

If youโ€™re reading this and think this would be a great capability to add to DSS, be sure to kudos the original post if you haven't already!

bhazelwood
Level 1

I agree that this would be an excellent improvement.

I agree that this would be an excellent improvement.