Option to disable scenario notifications for your own scenarios

Currently, there's no way to disable scenario notifications for your own scenarios. These notifications can stack up quickly and cover up large parts of the UI. In some cases, their links are also dangerous, since users can easily lose unsaved work by accidentally clicking them when they pop up. This happened to me recently, after spending about 30 minutes renaming imported datasets on the dataset import screen, a burst of notifications covered up the next text box just as I was clicking it and I was instantly navigated to the log for my scenario, resulting in a lot of lost work naming the datasets (about 200 datasets being converted to semantic names). In general, these notifications constantly cover up the UI, since my scenarios run frequently.

It would be great to have an option to suppress these notifications in profile settings.

Alternatively, if there were a way to disable the toast popups but keep them in the notifications tab (and just increment a badge number on that tab instead), that would also be great.

5 Comments
AshleyW
Dataiker

Thanks for your idea, @natejgardner 

Your idea meets the criteria for submission, we'll reach out should we require more information.

If youโ€™re reading this and would love to see more controls over notification settings be sure to kudos the original post. 

Take care,

Ashley

Status changed to: In the Backlog

Thanks for your idea, @natejgardner 

Your idea meets the criteria for submission, we'll reach out should we require more information.

If youโ€™re reading this and would love to see more controls over notification settings be sure to kudos the original post. 

Take care,

Ashley

Some more interest in this fix: Notifications do not obey user settings 

Some more interest in this fix: Notifications do not obey user settings 

ktgross15
Dataiker

Status changed to: In Backlog

MichaelG
Community Manager
Community Manager

I hope I helped! Do you Know that if I was Useful to you or Did something Outstanding you can Show your appreciation by giving me a KUDOS?

Looking for more resources to help you use DSS effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
Status changed to: In the Backlog

apichery
Dataiker

We fixed this annoying behavior in DSS 11.3.0 and above ๐Ÿ™‚

Status changed to: Released

We fixed this annoying behavior in DSS 11.3.0 and above ๐Ÿ™‚