Move objects and Zones on the Flow

I think it would be very useful to be able to move objects and flow zones around in the flow display. It appears Dataiku determines where each recipe, dataset, etc go in the flow and I cannot edit that. I have used Alteryx in the past and it had that ability, which I liked. It allows me to organize the flow however I see fit and make it more visually appealing and more understandable for someone looking at it.

12 Comments
scotth
Level 1

+1 would certainly agree with this point.

Understand that Dataiku attempts to organize in a logical way, but in workflows with a recipe/dataset count above a certain threshold (~20) and with various mapping files, it begins to get very jumbled. Flow zones can be helpful but these are cumbersome to organize/assign and also start to get turned around with mapping.

Especially an issue when trying to work quickly - trying to structure flow zones correctly such that Dataiku displays logically takes time, whereas dragging/dropping lends itself much better to speed. 

Having worked with both, this is a major limitation in Dataiku and advantage to Alteryx - not just an inconvenience. Given auto-organize functionality is already built into Dataiku, giving an option for manual organization would be extremely useful. 

+1 would certainly agree with this point.

Understand that Dataiku attempts to organize in a logical way, but in workflows with a recipe/dataset count above a certain threshold (~20) and with various mapping files, it begins to get very jumbled. Flow zones can be helpful but these are cumbersome to organize/assign and also start to get turned around with mapping.

Especially an issue when trying to work quickly - trying to structure flow zones correctly such that Dataiku displays logically takes time, whereas dragging/dropping lends itself much better to speed. 

Having worked with both, this is a major limitation in Dataiku and advantage to Alteryx - not just an inconvenience. Given auto-organize functionality is already built into Dataiku, giving an option for manual organization would be extremely useful. 

@ktgross15 :insertpleasecatemojihere:

@ktgross15 :insertpleasecatemojihere: