Make streamlit webapp a default choice

Options
info-rchitect
info-rchitect Registered Posts: 169 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I am not sure why streamlit is tied to code studios. Why not just make it a default code-based webapp choice like below? Where the user can use the code environment configured within the project.

thx

dataiku_streamlit_webapp_idea.png

Tagged:
12 votes

Considered · Last Updated

Comments

• info-rchitect
    info-rchitect Registered Posts: 169 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Dataiku Folks,

Please take this as constructive criticism.

Can someone please help me better understand the value of Code Studios? From my experience, all they currently provide is:

• More interaction with my IT department (nice folks, but I don't want to file a ticket very time i want a different Streamlit Code Studio template)
    • Inability to use Streamlit versions that are not compatible with Python 3.7, which Streamlit itself does not support Python 3.7

All I would like to see is the exact same implementation for Streamlit as was done for DASH and Shiny.

thx in advance

• dataiku_streamlit_versions_python3p7.png
  • Emiel
    Emiel Registered, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant Posts: 22 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I second this. Would be really helpful.

• raniachk
    raniachk Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Registered Posts: 3
    Options

I also second this

• schang
    schang Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Registered Posts: 6 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Has there been any update to this issue? Also struggling to collaborate with multiple users

• AshleyW
    AshleyW Dataiker, Alpha Tester, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Registered, Product Ideas Manager Posts: 161 Dataiker
    Options

Hi @info-rchitect

You'll be pleased to hear this idea is in our backlog, and we are determining next steps. We can't provide a timeline at this point, but be sure to check back for updates!

For everyone else, kudos the original post to signal that you're interested in Dataiku developing and releasing this feature! Feel free to leave a comment in the discussion about how this capability would help you or your team.

Take care,
    Ashley

• super
    super Registered Posts: 8 ✭✭✭
    Options

I would love to have this feature enabled in a way that building a Streamlit web app is just a button away.

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…