Individual explanation for NLP classification

0 Kudos

It would be very useful to know why a model classified a particular text into a particular class(es), for e.g., the model made this decision because of so and so tokens/words/phrases. Refer attachment. 

The challenge would be to have this feature even if I use, for e.g. Universal Sentence Encoder (for feature extraction) and SVM for classification, where the classifier does not have access to the tokens seen during training. โ€ƒ

Screenshot 2022-05-06 at 4.06.22 PM.png

โ€ƒ

4 Comments
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Hi @RohitRanga thank you for submitting your idea. Just to be clear in your idea you mention to refer to an attachment. I just want to be sure that you aren't missing anything visually in presenting your idea. If not, then I apologize in advance for misunderstanding an element of your idea.

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
Status changed to: Gathering Input

Hi @RohitRanga thank you for submitting your idea. Just to be clear in your idea you mention to refer to an attachment. I just want to be sure that you aren't missing anything visually in presenting your idea. If not, then I apologize in advance for misunderstanding an element of your idea.

RohitRanga
Level 3

Thanks @CoreyS for pointing it out. The screenshot I had attached earlier, was indeed not visible. I have re-attached it again.

Thanks @CoreyS for pointing it out. The screenshot I had attached earlier, was indeed not visible. I have re-attached it again.

CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Thanks for your idea, @RohitRanga. Your idea meets the criteria for submission, we'll reach out should we require more information. 

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
Status changed to: In the Backlog

Thanks for your idea, @RohitRanga. Your idea meets the criteria for submission, we'll reach out should we require more information. 

NR
Level 3

Hi all,

I'm interested to know if thers is any update about this request ?

I'v a regression model trained on one column text. I can see the regression coefficient but unfortunatly not able to have this in the detail of an individual explanation since the model give just a global score for the input text withtout mention to how each word impacted this result.

Thanks for your assistance 

Hi all,

I'm interested to know if thers is any update about this request ?

I'v a regression model trained on one column text. I can see the regression coefficient but unfortunatly not able to have this in the detail of an individual explanation since the model give just a global score for the input text withtout mention to how each word impacted this result.

Thanks for your assistance