Improve visualization of large flows

For flows with hundreds of datasets, it'd be helpful to be able to visualize them more clearly. It'd be nice to be able to minimize portions of the flow into black boxes which can be opened to examine internal components. Often, many datasets are compressed down to just one dataset a few steps later, so hiding these would be ideal.

A workaround I tried was to create a hidden tag, then create a filter to hide everything with a hidden tag, but since these datasets had other tags, I couldn't get that to work. It'd be great if there were a built-in functionality to condense large flows.

4 Comments
Manuel
Dataiker Alumni

Hi @natejgardner ,

I don't know which DSS version you use, but there are already two features that speak directly to your comments:

Do these match your requirements?

Best regards

Hi @natejgardner ,

I don't know which DSS version you use, but there are already two features that speak directly to your comments:

Do these match your requirements?

Best regards

Thanks @Manuel, flow zones looks like the feature I needed! Excited to upgrade to v8. Flow folding doesn't work very well for this use-case since the flow layout stays spread out even when the clutter is hidden:

Screenshot (12).png

Thanks @Manuel, flow zones looks like the feature I needed! Excited to upgrade to v8. Flow folding doesn't work very well for this use-case since the flow layout stays spread out even when the clutter is hidden:

Screenshot (12).png

CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

As mentioned this idea has already been implemented since Version 8 of DSS with Flow Zones.

More information on Flow Zones can be found here:

I hope this helps!

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as ‘Accepted Solution’ to help others like you!
Status changed to: Duplicate

As mentioned this idea has already been implemented since Version 8 of DSS with Flow Zones.

I hope this helps!

CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Duplicate status set in error.

As mentioned this idea has already been implemented since Version 8 of DSS with Flow Zones.

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as ‘Accepted Solution’ to help others like you!
Status changed to: Released

Duplicate status set in error.

As mentioned this idea has already been implemented since Version 8 of DSS with Flow Zones.