Full Installer for Dataiku on Windows

0 Kudos

Hello all,

I really appreciate the fact than we can now install Dataiku DSS on Windows (https://www.dataiku.com/product/get-started/windows/ ), it really changes the training and helps a lot. Thanks for that.

However, what would be even more perfect would be a full installer in addition of the launcher when your PC is offline for security reason.

Best regards,

Simon

2 Comments

Realistically this won't be possible since certain things need to be retrieved from the internet like Python packages. If you have restrictions on your machine you could do install Dataiku on a Cloud VM or or another VM which is not restricted. Besides the Windows/MacOS installer is really tailored for personal use / sales / consultants which in most cases will have access to the internet.

Finally if you really have the need to use Dataiku in an online mode you could install it on a VM with full access, configure it with all your required packages, code envs, etc and then make a copy of that VM and copy it over to use it in your restricted/offline computer. So there are ways to work around your issue, it's just not a common one for this kind of install so in my personal opinion I doubt Dataiku will look at solving your problem. 

Realistically this won't be possible since certain things need to be retrieved from the internet like Python packages. If you have restrictions on your machine you could do install Dataiku on a Cloud VM or or another VM which is not restricted. Besides the Windows/MacOS installer is really tailored for personal use / sales / consultants which in most cases will have access to the internet.

Finally if you really have the need to use Dataiku in an online mode you could install it on a VM with full access, configure it with all your required packages, code envs, etc and then make a copy of that VM and copy it over to use it in your restricted/offline computer. So there are ways to work around your issue, it's just not a common one for this kind of install so in my personal opinion I doubt Dataiku will look at solving your problem. 

simon_aubert
Level 1

Hello @Turribeach 
I'm pretty sure python libraries could be packaged with the product, the competitors already do it ๐Ÿ˜‰

And yes, there are workarounds, I know that... but usually, I prefer the simple, easy way, especially when it doesn't seem that hard to develop.

Best regards,
Simon

Hello @Turribeach 
I'm pretty sure python libraries could be packaged with the product, the competitors already do it ๐Ÿ˜‰

And yes, there are workarounds, I know that... but usually, I prefer the simple, easy way, especially when it doesn't seem that hard to develop.

Best regards,
Simon