Exported Data Objects Represented in the Instance Data Calaloge

0 Kudos

User Story:

As a data analyst who have found that my DSS design node has grown very large, I would like to see at least some reference to export folders in the data catalog.  This would reduce confusion and make it a bit easier to manage a DSS Instance.

COS:

• All data or data like objects in a Dataiku Flow appear in the Data Catalog.

Nice to have:

• For exported file folders there is a way to gauge how large the folder has grown.

Background:

• I have some export recipes that export to a file folder.  When I look into the data catalog I see no reference to these objects.
--Tom
2 Comments
ktgross15
Dataiker

Thanks @tgb417 , acknowledged. To be clear - you are requesting to see managed folders in the data catalog, right?

Katie

Status changed to: In the Backlog

Thanks @tgb417 , acknowledged. To be clear - you are requesting to see managed folders in the data catalog, right?

Katie

@ktgross15 

Yes, I think so. 

"filesystem_folders" is what is on the info tab.  Icon is just a blue outline of a folder.  No Back Blue Background of the folder icon.  In some cases these may be on the local file system, but could also exist on google drive and other places.

And yes the challenges is that they show up on the flow as a data like object, but don't show up in the data catalog.  Which was very confusing. 

I'm using DSS 12.1.2 at the moment.  I know that 12.1.3 is out a few days ago.  

--Tom

@ktgross15 

Yes, I think so. 

"filesystem_folders" is what is on the info tab.  Icon is just a blue outline of a folder.  No Back Blue Background of the folder icon.  In some cases these may be on the local file system, but could also exist on google drive and other places.

And yes the challenges is that they show up on the flow as a data like object, but don't show up in the data catalog.  Which was very confusing. 

I'm using DSS 12.1.2 at the moment.  I know that 12.1.3 is out a few days ago.