Dark Mode

Every developer needs a dark mode ๐Ÿ™‚

A dark theme for the flow, datasets, and recipe configs would go a long way toward making Dataiku fit into workflows that involve many other dark mode tools. Dataiku is definitely very bright when swapping from other tools which operate in dark mode. Extensions like Dark Reader do a pretty good job of generating dark mode for Dataiku, but native support would make it much prettier.

Here are some examples of how close to beautiful Dataiku already looks via Dark Reader. Just a little refinement beyond this could make it perfect.

Come to the dark side, Dataiku!

13 Comments

@asdfasdf Your initial post said "developing notebooks without dark mode is awful. Please bring dark mode to notebooks". Did you see my comment above that you can enable dark theme in a Notebooks? (it's system wide). Also look at your DSS profile and change the Code Editor to monokai to have darm theme in recipes.

@asdfasdf Your initial post said "developing notebooks without dark mode is awful. Please bring dark mode to notebooks". Did you see my comment above that you can enable dark theme in a Notebooks? (it's system wide). Also look at your DSS profile and change the Code Editor to monokai to have darm theme in recipes.

kloudy13
Level 1

Up-voted - reason why you don't see other people [non-developers] ask for it is because they don't know it exists! It should be your USP! Dark mode saves eyes! Why does apple have dark theme is OS? cause its AWESOME and its FOR HUMANS 

Ps. I have a learning disability that makes it much harder for me to see things if I cannot configure dark mode - there go your incivility points.... Ps2. You really did a lot of gr8 work developing DataIku and I like the concept but form someone coming form more traditional software eng ways of working... lack of dark theme is a serious drawback 

Up-voted - reason why you don't see other people [non-developers] ask for it is because they don't know it exists! It should be your USP! Dark mode saves eyes! Why does apple have dark theme is OS? cause its AWESOME and its FOR HUMANS 

Ps. I have a learning disability that makes it much harder for me to see things if I cannot configure dark mode - there go your incivility points.... Ps2. You really did a lot of gr8 work developing DataIku and I like the concept but form someone coming form more traditional software eng ways of working... lack of dark theme is a serious drawback 

jeffreybader
Level 1

Eye strain is inevitable in dim lighting when viewing a bright white screen.  Citizen Data Scientists would ALSO appreciate dark mode so they donโ€™t get headaches by dayโ€™s end. Shouldnโ€™t be that difficult for such an advanced company to offer the option, should it?

Eye strain is inevitable in dim lighting when viewing a bright white screen.  Citizen Data Scientists would ALSO appreciate dark mode so they donโ€™t get headaches by dayโ€™s end. Shouldnโ€™t be that difficult for such an advanced company to offer the option, should it?