Allow the use of different font sizes on within Dashboards

0 Kudos

When creating Dashboards in Dataiku,I would like the option to select the font size for:
- Text Boxes (currently only 2 sizes are available).
- Metric Tiles (the text seems to fill the space available, which means if I have more than one metric the size of the text can be different. I would like to be able to select a standard of the text) 

4 Comments
IoanaP
Dataiker

Hi @Rupesh_Sethi

Thank you for submitting this product idea for dashboards. 

For Text Boxes, it's possible to have different font size by defining it using markdown. Please see attached screenshot with 3 examples for the font size. 
Screenshot 2023-12-15 at 17.48.23.png

For the Metric Tiles, do you refer t the label of the KPI chart, please? (please see red rectangle from the attached screenshot) Screenshot 2023-12-15 at 17.54.07.png

Thank you,

Ioana

Hi @Rupesh_Sethi

Thank you for submitting this product idea for dashboards. 

For Text Boxes, it's possible to have different font size by defining it using markdown. Please see attached screenshot with 3 examples for the font size. 
Screenshot 2023-12-15 at 17.48.23.png

For the Metric Tiles, do you refer t the label of the KPI chart, please? (please see red rectangle from the attached screenshot) Screenshot 2023-12-15 at 17.54.07.png

Thank you,

Ioana

Rupesh_Sethi
Level 2

Hi Ioana, 

Many thanks for your response. The ability to have different font sizes within text boxes is very useful.
I would also like the ability to standardise the font size with Metric Tiles. I mean the actual metric data (not the label). So in your example above, in the numbers 4 and 9.  The current behaviour seems to be, if the data to be displayed:
- Is "4" then it appears in a large font
- Is longer i.e. "4.125" then the font is reduced in size to accommodate the extra digits. 

Hi Ioana, 

Many thanks for your response. The ability to have different font sizes within text boxes is very useful.
I would also like the ability to standardise the font size with Metric Tiles. I mean the actual metric data (not the label). So in your example above, in the numbers 4 and 9.  The current behaviour seems to be, if the data to be displayed:
- Is "4" then it appears in a large font
- Is longer i.e. "4.125" then the font is reduced in size to accommodate the extra digits. 

IoanaP
Dataiker

Hi @Rupesh_Sethi,

For Metric Tile, the font size is never changing even if the number inside is changing. Instead for KPI chart, the font size changes to allow the full number to be displayed. Please see attached screenshot with the metric tile and the KPI chart that has different font sizes depending on how long the number to be displayed is. 

Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 19.07.10.png

I understand your request is for KPI chart and I'm adding it to the product backlog. 
Please let me know if you have any other questions on this topic.

Thank you,

Ioana

Hi @Rupesh_Sethi,

For Metric Tile, the font size is never changing even if the number inside is changing. Instead for KPI chart, the font size changes to allow the full number to be displayed. Please see attached screenshot with the metric tile and the KPI chart that has different font sizes depending on how long the number to be displayed is. 

Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 19.07.10.png

I understand your request is for KPI chart and I'm adding it to the product backlog. 
Please let me know if you have any other questions on this topic.

Thank you,

Ioana

IoanaP
Dataiker

Status changed to: In the Backlog