Add support for logically combining triggers in Scenarios

Currently a user can add any number of triggers to Scenario including different trigger types. However every one of these triggers is evaluated individually and can trigger the execution of the scenario by itself. This idea is to add support for logically combining triggers in Scenarios so that we can have multiple triggers being evaluated together to trigger a scenario execution. For instance we could have 3 triggers defined and set logically like this:

(Trigger1 And Trigger 2) Or Trigger3

3 Comments

This idea will have the side of effect of supporting out of the box this use case:

"Start multiple scenarios and wait for all of them to complete"

Currently this can be done via the API but it's really not a user friendly feature nor supports the "clickers" personas:

https://developer.dataiku.com/latest/concepts-and-examples/scenarios.html#start-multiple-scenarios-a...

By having support for logically combining triggers in Scenarios a user could create Scenario triggers as follows:

Trigger After Scenario1 

Trigger After Scenario2

Trigger After Scenario3

Then it could combine then in a logical expression:

(Trigger After Scenario1 And Trigger After Scenario2 And Trigger After Scenario3) 

to finally be able to execure Scenario4 after Scenario1, Scenario2 and Scenario3 have all completed successfully. 

This idea will have the side of effect of supporting out of the box this use case:

"Start multiple scenarios and wait for all of them to complete"

Currently this can be done via the API but it's really not a user friendly feature nor supports the "clickers" personas:

https://developer.dataiku.com/latest/concepts-and-examples/scenarios.html#start-multiple-scenarios-a...

By having support for logically combining triggers in Scenarios a user could create Scenario triggers as follows:

Trigger After Scenario1 

Trigger After Scenario2

Trigger After Scenario3

Then it could combine then in a logical expression:

(Trigger After Scenario1 And Trigger After Scenario2 And Trigger After Scenario3) 

to finally be able to execure Scenario4 after Scenario1, Scenario2 and Scenario3 have all completed successfully. 

Bumping this, would help me avoid using the API and help other users better understand certain scenarios.

Bumping this, would help me avoid using the API and help other users better understand certain scenarios.

Thanks Louis, I do feel this should be a nice feature for the Clickers persona.

Thanks Louis, I do feel this should be a nice feature for the Clickers persona.